Document Title should go here
Marketing in Today's World
Utilizing Intelligence and Technology
Online Marketing Defined:
Internet marketing, a.k.a. web marketing, online marketing, e-marketing, is the general promotion of ideas, products or services over the Internet, email, wireless media, and mobile devices. It combines all the elements of print, radio, and television into a synergist and dynamic system. It's a new and exciting frontier where clever individuals have made billions and revolutionized the way we interact with our world, and do our business.
Types of Internet Marketing
Internet marketing is broadly divided in to the following types:
* Display advertising: the use of web banners or banner ads placed on a third-party website or blog to drive traffic to a company's own website and increase product awareness.
* Search engine marketing (SEM): a form of marketing that seeks to promote websites by increasing their visibility in search engine result pages (SERPs) through the use of either paid placement, contextual advertising, and paid inclusion, or through the use of free search engine optimization techniques.
* Inbound marketing: involves creating and freely sharing informative content as a means of converting prospects into customers and customers into repeat buyers.
* Pay per click (PPC): Different links and banner ads are used along with keywords by companies that are placed in related websites and social media. Yahoo and Google have these pay per click (PPC) programs for marketers. The more company pays for click the more its ads appear on search engine and other useful sites. Google Ad Words allow you to perform PPC activities through Google platform. Banners and Sky-scrapers are including in online advertisement. Sky-scrapers are vertical long banners.
* Social media marketing: the process of gaining traffic or attention through social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
* Email marketing: involves directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using electronic mail.
* Referral marketing: a method of promoting products or services to new customers through referrals, usually word of mouth.
* Affiliate marketing: a marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate's own marketing efforts.
* Niche Branding: Online marketing is a great place to sell odd and hard to find items or services. First page search engine rankings are achievable for things with little or no competition.
* Video marketing: This type of marketing specializes in creating videos that engage the viewer into a buying state by presenting information in video form and guiding them to a product or service. Online video is increasingly becoming more popular among internet users and companies are seeing it as a viable method of attracting customers.
How is online marketing different than traditional advertising and marketing?
Although, much of the same elements used in traditional advertising and marketing are used in web marketing, the approach and the psychology are completely different. Included at the top of the list of difference are the aspects of specific interest and interactivity. In traditional advertising you ''broadcast'' your message trying to get the attention of interested prospects. Typically with online marketing you start with their attention and interest. The primary objective is to keep their interest and lead them to some kind of action. This is achieved by making the site fast, clean, attractive, easy to use, and interesting by providing plenty pertinent content.
Once you have their full attention, you are now in a position and situation where you can control the messages and to a large extent the interaction. This condition of ''focused connection'' is the heart and soul of the real web marketing magic and the realm where clever advertisers focus most of their efforts. The power of this is demonstrated in the growing practice of using traditional forms of advertising solely to direct interested prospects to a website. Think about this for a moment and you will soon start realizing that there must be more potential to online marketing then most people realize.
Being aware of what is out there and how it's working.
Being aware of the major differences in approach and application of web marketing is a good start and should lead you to think a little bit more outside the box of traditional advertising. This is only the beginning. Awareness like this is what guides the development of Google, Facebook and other hugely successful website. Do a search for some of the marketing giants like Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Ford and other major corporations and see how many websites they have published.
With the help of knowledgeable online marketers, programmers, developers, graphic artist, and copy writers there is no reason you can't start harnessing some of this powerful technology to further your marketing in a cost effective way.
marketing, internet, website, web marketing, online marketing, webvertising,